HIGHER SELF, CONSCIOUS MIND, SUBCONSCIOUS MIND, UNCONSCIOUS MIND
In this blog, I’d like to elaborate further on the different levels of the mind and the roles of each of these states.
You can call this whatever you want, Spirit, True self, Awareness, Self-realization, Consciousness, whatever you choose. This “part” of us is personal, everyone sees this differently, so I’ll leave this to you to decide what this means to you.
It is where Love & Joy is.
The Ego-ic state of mind, the imagined self, the pretend self
Responsible for: Logic, Reasoning, Analytical, Thinker
This is also where reputation, achievement, physical appearance matters.
- Takes issue with everything
- Perceives problems
- The thinking mind – the monkey mind
- Inability to see the whole picture
- Judges, criticizes, finds fault in everything
- Limited perspective
- The things you are currently aware of / or thinking about
- Takes in information
- Your free will lies here
- Aware of your five senses, how you experience the world
- What’s good or bad, right or wrong, accepts and rejects ideas
- Where you learn new things
- Actions, Will power, Decisions, Plans, Goals, Analysis, Behavior
Very Complex, Runs the show, Hard to change
Responsible for: Memories, Habits, and behaviors
- Doesn’t discriminate
- Excepts everything
- Receives from the conscious mind
- Stores all beliefs, memories, personality traits
- Preserves the body
- Generates habits
- This is where core beliefs are
- Stores and retrieves data – data bank
- Previous experiences
- Stores memories
- Represses memories
- Basically, everything you have ever seen, done, or experienced
Emotions, Values, Personal Beliefs, Fears, Imagination, Habits, Projections, Self-Image / Identity, All memories, Resist Change, Wants to Serve, Culture Beliefs, Does not Judge
THE UNCONSCIOUS MIND
Anything deeply rooted.
We are not aware at this level. Trauma, Shame & Guilt, Violence, Secrets
INFORMATIVE – IMPORTANT MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
- The mind tends to automatically go to the WORSE CASE SCENARIO
- The mind is always in the past or the future, staying present is tough for most people
- Most people hang onto the past
- Most people tend to focus on what they DON’T want more than what they do want.
- Most people tend to arrive at a conclusion when they do not have all the information.
- Most people are so afraid of losing what they do not want or enjoy
- One single belief can stand in the way of what you truly want in life
- Our personality is constantly changing because we spend most of our lives thinking, feeling, relating, and perceiving the behavior of our “illusionary” self
- Rarely does the voice in our heads stop, it can be an endless chatter of noise
Until the next time. My warmest wishes