Science and Neuroscience
Science and Neuroscience tell us that we have on average 12,000 – 60,000 thoughts a day, of those thoughts, approximately 80% are negative thoughts, of those 80% negative thoughts, 90-95% of those are HABITUAL from the day before. Translation … a lot of negative, repetitive thoughts that do not serve us, and get in our way!
It also tells us, that we are 99.99999% empty space, energy, frequency filled with information, and only .00001% matter.
And that the Conscious mind makes up less than 10% of our thoughts, leaving the Subconscious / Unconscious mind with the remaining 90% of our thoughts. Or non-thought, just running on autopilot.
Neuroscience goes on to say that every thought we think releases a chemical into our bodies, now there is a lot more that actually happens here, but the “just” of it is … every thought we think produces a chemical that gets released into the body.
We also know that every thought produces a feeling, those feelings produce more of the same thoughts.
Bringing that information forward, if negative thoughts produce negative chemicals, and 80% of our thoughts are negative, we are pumping a lot of negative chemicals into our systems daily. After a period of thinking the same thoughts over and over, we have taught our bodies how to feel, now the body is addicted to the chemical produced from our thoughts.
We are simply re-cycling our thoughts according to the beliefs we have, it is like those re-cycled thoughts hold us in this pattern of torture.
Let’s say you have a reoccurring thought for days, months, even years, that thought has also created a neuro pathway in the brain. Strengthening that thought, every time you think it.
Now I am not a scientist, and if you would like to understand this more, do some research. For the purpose of this blog, just a basic understanding of what happens in our brains with every thought is enough to get my point across.
Negative Thoughts Create Stress
Stress is said to be the leading cause of disease in the body, wouldn’t it stand to reason if the majority of our thoughts are negative and thoughts produce chemicals that get released in the body, that WE are causing ourselves more issues than need be?
We are training our bodies how to feel/react based on the way we think and the chemicals we are producing – once the body has gotten used to the constant supply of negative thinking chemicals, it then becomes dependent on those chemicals and now starts to tell the brain, I want more of those chemicals because it is now dependent on them. Then we get into a state of a constant cycle that keeps us stuck in an endless loop of thinking/feeling and feeling/thinking.
Information like this is valuable when it comes to our day-to-day lives. The always comes when you “wake up” and realize the state you are in. Most people go through life sleepwalking, or as I sometimes refer to it with clients, comfortably numb, honestly though, there really is nothing comfortable about being numb, you aren’t really alive and living, you’re simply going through the motion, existing.
Applying this information to your day-to-day lives. Become aware of what you are thinking, pay attention, allowing yourself to go into a state of “auto-pilot is NOT serving you.
Most people today are living every day in states of stress, anger, aggression, hatred, judgment, fear, pain, as well as suffering from hopelessness.
Awareness is seeing, hearing, sensing without judgment.
Until the next time. My warmest wishes